Where Your Memories Live on Forever
Long after the funeral ceremony and reception are over, the memories of a special life live on. Today’s choices for lasting memorialization offer new opportunities to make a statement about the unique nature of that life. Family and friends can experience a deeper sense of connection with their memories and with one another in a tranquil setting that’s guaranteed to be maintained forever.
Whether burial or cremation is chosen, our specialists will work with you to design the perfect memorial. While Atlantic Funeral Home – Halifax will work closely with any cemetery you choose, we suggest you consider our sister Arbor Memorial cemetery, Oakridge Memorial Gardens.
Make a Tribute that Makes a Statement
We can provide any memorial that you can imagine. When honouring your loved one, the options are truly endless. Some choices include:
- Bronze memorials, which are installed on a granite base and generally flush with the ground. Additionally, bronze can be used to accent outdoor columbarium niches for cremated remains.
- Upright monuments, constructed from the world’s finest granite, are installed on a minimum four-foot deep concrete foundation to ensure there is no leaning.
- The Living Tribute Program involves planting a small tree in our cemetery as a symbol of hope, which will someday stand as a significant commemoration of your loved one. Included is a plaque identifying the family and the deceased.
- Benches, and garden features such as rocks and sundials are a natural and beautiful way to honour your loved one.
- Indoor glass-front columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains, allow year-round visitation in a comfortable setting.
- Outdoor columbarium niches, surrounded by nature, provide a truly tranquil setting for cremated remains.
- Crypts accommodate multiple generations. From modest to truly elaborate, crypts reflect the personal choices and tastes of the family.
- Mausoleums offer a climate-controlled, indoor environment that houses both crypts and niches. Special areas are available that can be blessed by religious leaders or designated for specific family customs. Your loved one’s memorial can be made even more unique with an engraved picture, special scene, or epitaph. Planning Ahead
Today, through pre-planning, you can make decisions ahead of time and design your own unique memorial statement. You will save money and reduce the burden for your family. And when you pre-plan with Atlantic Funeral Home-Halifax, you will receive valuable benefits, including the Perpetual Care Program, which ensures a beautifully maintained resting place for all time. Learn more about pre-planning your final arrangements.
The Benefits of Planning Ahead
- Savings: Planning early offers cost savings of up to thousands of dollars.
- Reduce the burden on your family: Planning your final arrangements ahead of time reduces the responsibilities on your family at their time of distress.
- Peace of mind: Gain comfort in knowing your plans are ready.
Memorialization and personalization choices
A final resting place is a sacred space. Whether it’s elaborative and decorative, or understated and refined, it will be a place that friends and family members will visit for generations to come not only to grieve but also to honour and remember. Find out more in our educational video.