Project Manager, Project Management Office
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
The Information Technology Team at our Head Office location at 2 Jane Street, Toronto, ON is currently recruiting for a full-time Project Manager to join their team. We are looking for an action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously to lead and develop the Project Management Office (PMO).
Arbor is conveniently located near Jane Subway station and there is access to many shops and restaurants within Bloor West Village. We also promote an inclusive and collaborative work environment that fosters teamwork and focuses on developing our internal talent. Flexible working hours and a great team environment are other benefits of working for Arbor, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Reporting to the Director, PMO, this role will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members or internal business partners.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- University degree or college diploma. PMP Certification and knowledge of PMBOK guidelines are required.
- 10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience managing projects exceeding $10M.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Smartsheet.
- Working knowledge of a Microsoft environment.
- Understanding of software development methodologies.
- Understanding of Change Management and Change Management principals.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including negotiation skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior leaders, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion.
- Strong written and presentation communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of compassion, integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Project Manager, Project Management Office” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.