Project and Business Analyst
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
The Information Services Department at Head Office, 2 Jane Street, Toronto, ON is currently recruiting a full-time Project & Business Analyst to join their team.
Reporting to the Director, Project and Business Analysis, this position is responsible for working closely with the business to elicit, analyze and document requirements by validating system solutions according to defined methodologies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with business stakeholders and SMEs to understand detailed business requirements.
- Conducting business process analysis workshops, documenting current-state and desired-state business processes. Actively assessing, analyzing and recommending process alternatives.
- Preparing business cases, business requirements, gap analysis and process maps as required for proposed solutions.
- Documenting detailed use cases and user stories for delivery to technical teams for implementation.
- Assisting, leading and managing all phases of small and medium IS projects from initiation through to closure; within scope, on time and within budget while adhering to defined project management procedures.
- Developing detailed project schedules, work breakdown structures and resource plans in conjunction with project team members.
- Actively monitoring and managing costs, dependencies, scope, risks, issues and quality related to the project.
- Ensuring that project communication is clear, timely and effective.
- If leading a project, ensuring that all project team members’ activities are in compliance with defined processes – ensuring all key milestones are crossed with appropriate reviews and approvals.
- Liaising with different IS groups and other departments on the accomplishment of deliverables.
- Preparing test strategy, test plans and test scripts for system.
- Performing testing according to specified test scripts and plans if required.
- Ensuring that end users understand the test scripts and User Acceptance Testing follows these scripts and plans.
- Performing second level support role for line of business applications.
- Taking ownership of production issues raised by Lines of Business and follow through to final resolution.
Other duties may be assigned as required, in addition to the principal duties and responsibilities outlined above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in an Information Technology or Business Management discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Business Analysis or Project Management in an information technology setting.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- A thorough understanding of SDLC and experience with a variety of project lifecycle models
- Ability to understand complex business processes, identify bottle necks or inefficiencies and propose improvements.
- A broad understanding of technology and how it can be leveraged to solve business problems.
- Ability to multi-task and simultaneously perform different roles in multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate with clarity, precision and professionalism across all levels of management, staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to drive successful project outcomes with strong leadership, relationship building, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi task.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner with all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please quote “Project & Business Analyst, Information Services” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.