Privacy, Investment and Regulatory Affairs Clerk (6 month contract)
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
The Investment & Regulatory Affairs Department at Head Office, 2 Jane Street, Toronto, ON is currently recruiting a full-time Privacy, Investment & Regulatory Affairs Clerk to join their team on a 6-month contract.
We are looking to fill this position with an experienced, passionate and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the Privacy, Investment & Regulatory Affairs Department’s ability to meet its strategic, financial and business objectives by providing timely, accurate, efficient and complete administrative support.
- Contribute to the Company’s ability meet its business objectives and government and regulatory obligations by performing administration duties in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Provide outstanding internal service to branch and Head Office staff and exemplify the Company’s values of Integrity, Trust, Teamwork and Excellence.
- Reviews existing and new regulatory requirements as they relate to Arbor.
- Updates contracts, by-laws, cremation applications, memorial order forms etc.
- Responds to Field and Head Office inquiries pertaining to legislation and regulations, ensuring consistency and corporate compliance.
- Records, tracks and maintains records of customer issues and complaints.
- Maintains a chart of all applicable government and regulatory agencies and includes links to online legislation and regulations. Includes contact information, history of communications and status of outstanding matters.
- Maintains a database of legal opinions, by province, obtained relevant to government, regulatory and operational matters.
- Maintains a list of all Acts and regulations by province.
- Creates and maintains a historical database of contract changes, templates and by-laws.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Completion of a diploma or degree in business administration/legal and/or related work experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy and numeracy.
- Ideally the candidate will possess knowledge of the industry, the Company, the regulatory environment and provincial legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative to troubleshoot and problem solve while maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and Adobe Reader and Writer.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and/or website administration would be an asset.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner with all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please quote “Privacy, Investment and Regulatory Affairs Clerk” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.