Maitre D (Reception Coordinator) Rideau Funeral Home
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
Our Rideau Funeral Home, located at 4275, boul. des Sources, Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QC, is currently recruiting a full-time Maître D (Reception Coordinator).
This position reports to the Funeral Home Manager. We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring guests receive the best experience by establishing and maintaining a pleasant and welcoming environment at all times
- Providing first-class customer service to families in the areas of hospitality, food and refreshments (including alcoholic beverages).
- Creating a high standard for reception, tea cart and other similar procedures to achieve maximum efficiency and to ensure that the guests’ needs are met at all times.
- Assisting in training funeral home staff on how to provide high-quality service in order to achieve high standards of service, cleanliness, and profitability.
- Performing regular inventory checks and place orders on time to ensure the inventory levels are adequate in the reception area.
- Assisting the Manager with new wine, alcohol and catering menu implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Completion of Grade 12 or Diplôme d’Études Secondaires
- Service in Action certification an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of funeral home procedures and business practices including Everyday Excellence and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
- Demonstrates active community involvement and establishes a positive profile of the funeral home within the community.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Genevieve Veilleux, Funeral Home Manager
Rideau Funeral Home
Please quote “Maître D” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.