Lead Hand - Mountain View MG
Mountain View Memorial Gardens located in Calgary, Alberta has an immediate opening for a full-time Lead Hand.
The successful candidate for this position strives to keep pace with the ever-changing service demands and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our customers in a sensitive and professional manner.
This position is based on a 40 hour work week schedule Tuesday to Saturday, and may change as required for the needs of the business, including working of overtime when required.
This position reports to the Property Manager and will be required to:
Handle all aspects of cemetery care including interments, memorial installations, administrative tasks and equipment and grounds maintenance. This position will act as senior employee in supervising staff in the absence of the Property Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Recruiting and Training (i.e. Landscape safety Training) with seasonal staff.
- Regular administrative tasks
- Supervise and perform interments and entombments according to Arbor standards.
- Supervise and install bronze memorials and monuments.
- Supervise and maintain cemetery grounds.
- Maintain equipment by preventative maintenance and upkeep maintenance logs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- A grade 12 education or equivalent and a valid driver’s license are required
- Relevant management training or experience is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Previous landscaping, horticultural and/or cemetery experience, and demonstrate interest in working outdoors
- A certificate in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) would be an asset.
- Facilities management experience and training would be an asset.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Lonnie McGowan, Property Manager
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.