Funeral Home Manager, Gordon F. Tompkins Township Chapel
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
Our Gordon F. Tompkins Funeral Home - Township Chapel located in Kingston, Ontario is currently recruiting for a full-time Funeral Home Manager.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the funeral home with a focus on customer service.
- Developing, implementing and achieving the funeral home annual forecasts, strategic market plans and financial long-term objectives.
- Ensuring all legal and ethical requirements are communicated to staff and are fully adhered to.
- Administering effective recruiting, training, performance management, and evaluation of all funeral home staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Possesses a Funeral Directors license and has a minimum of 5 years of experience as a licensed Funeral Director.
- Must have demonstrated community participation and outreach with a goal to cultivate the business.
- Proven to follow objectives in recognizing, supporting and growing Pre-need sales.
- Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner with all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continually betters oneself via literature, professional educational seminars, etc.
- A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
- Involvement in the community is a must.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Eric Thompson, General Manager, Ottawa, Kingston and Belleville
Please quote “Funeral Home Manager” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.