Licensed Funeral Director (Taylor Funeral Home)
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
Taylor Funeral Home, located at 524 Davis Drive in Newmarket, ON, is currently recruiting a Full-time Licensed Funeral Director.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Arranges, coordinates and directs funeral ceremonies.
- Meets and surpasses the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
- Maintains active involvement within the community and is committed to building and establishing effective relationships and rapport.
- Supports the Funeral Service Department’s vision of technology integration by understanding the role technology plays in the funeral home’s success.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Possesses a Funeral Directors license and has a minimum of 1-5 years of experience as a licensed Funeral Director. Displays proven, superior arrangement, directing and embalming skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
- Assumes ownership of ‘product’ – i.e. thoroughly believes in what Arbor is, and what we offer.
- Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Everyday Excellence and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continually betters oneself via literature, professional educational seminars, etc.
- A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter no later than August 16, 2019 to:
Jason C. Ladd, Funeral Home Manager
Taylor Funeral Home
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.